Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Two Posts in Two Days? Not Bad!



Speaking of what's going inside our new house, we met with the builder on Monday and things are coming along perfectly for our expected September 1 move-in! I meant to take a picture so we would have the "before and after" but forgot in all the excitement of seeing how it will be laid out. Craig and I are so stoked to have a place to call home and start a new chapter together - we drive by about once a week to check on the progress. I'm sure our neighbors think we are stalkers. I have been renting ever since I graduated college and that was in 2002, so you can imagine how nice it is to finally have a permanent address. The post office probably sees a change of address form for me on an annual basis.

The great thing about building a new house is that we're able to customize so much, from the paint colors (which we're picking out this weekend) to light fixtures to fun additions like a breakfast bar with a built-in wine refrigerator. We even added crown molding, vaulted ceilings and surround sound, inside and out. The best part? We're about two miles from Vandy's campus and each have a five minute commute. For someone like me who has a hard time getting out of bed in the morning, that is a beautiful thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity