Thursday, August 6, 2009

Food and Bev Finds

Perhaps I've mentioned before that I adore my job as an event planner. I truly love going to work every day, and I thank my lucky stars that as the saying goes, I'm finally doing what I love, and loving what I do. How cool is to be able to say you get paid to make people happy? To find ways to create memorable events that give folks a "warm and fuzzy" feeling, and meet great people in the process? I just feel so blessed. So with that in mind, let's turn our thoughts to some fantastic food and beverage inspiration I've recently discovered. I'm working with on a menu for an upcoming cocktail and hors d'oeuvre reception, and found these beauties that I'm determined to work in somehow. Feast your eyes on these bad boys, and try one at your next party!


I love this trend of serving dainty food on spoons - these are Asian-inspired and look oh-so yummy!

This is what I like to call "Not Yo' Mama's Fruit Cup"


If you MUST have a cheese tray, why not get creative and pass it on this tree trunk platter?




A fresh take on the All-American burger and fries with mini sliders and cones - love it.


In the soul food department...how adorable are these mini mac and cheese ramekins? Try them with Gruyere cheese and you'll never go back.



Roasted red potatoes with creme fraiche - perfect portion and presentation!




Assorted ice creams in a mini waffle cone bowl - heavenly for a summer affair.



A nod to the old school milk bottle holder, these vanilla milkshakes with chocolate straws are great for kids.

And finally, because there are few things more perfect than coffee and doughnuts, get a load of these espresso shooters. I think they're perfection. And they will more than likely be making an appearance on 1/2/10 at our wedding!
Bon appetit!

2 comments:

  1. these are some really cute ideas! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello! you won the fab freebie from miss pickles press and i tried to contact you via email but have not heard back. just wanted to make sure you knew so you can claim your goodies. can you get in touch with a mailing address, please? you can get my contact info at misspicklespress.com.

    thanks, and congrats!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity