Monday, November 1, 2010

Where did you go, October?

I'm back from a crazy, chaotic, but fun few weeks that constituted my blogcation. Though I do love keeping up this blog and posting about the random things that keep me entertained, my little thing called a job has demanded every bit of my attention the last few weeks, so I decided to take a little time away from Blogger. But I'm back and better than ever, and hoping to do much better on my posts in November and December.

So a quick recap is in order for October, don't you think? Let's see, I decorated our crib a little with some Halloween decor (once I waited for it to go on sale 50% off, mind you). Bargain shopper, party of one.


And in a brief "I'm channeling Martha Stewart" moment, I set up a fun little fall scape outside as well. The pumpkins were later carved with an Alabama "A" and a Virginia Tech "VT" naturally. Die hard football fans, party of two.

And once things finally slowed down a bit, I even managed to take advantage of the neighborhood in all it's leaf-changing, perfect fall weather glory with nice little stroll on a Sunday afternoon.



I've decided Sunday walks are good for the soul - especially if you can time them right at sunset. There's something about seeing the sun go down on a perfect weekend that makes you take a moment to be still, breathe it all in and enjoy it. Because there really is so much to be thankful for. And I hope I never get too busy to forget that.

To a slower-paced, thanks-filled November for all of us!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are back! Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe October is already gone! Its like I blinked and it was gone!

    I waited until the fall/halloween stuff was 50% off too! I never buy anything unless it is on sale!

    Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And in between those walks at sunset and decorating (the Halloween decor is fabulous by the way) you found time to redo your blog background and header...which is equally as fabulous :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came across your blog today...and fell in love! You gave me some motivation to get my blog shaped up, so thanks.

    I hope you don't mind, but I featured your blog in my latest post. Check it out at: http://weddingmadefromlove.blogspot.com/.

    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity