Because today, on this week of thanksgiving, my cup is overflowing.
- My faith - the peace that comes from knowing that I am, above all else, a child of God.
- My husband - the greatest gift I have ever received and the best friend I always wanted. I never knew I was capable of loving someone so much.
- My family, old and new - the ones who instilled traditions and loved unconditionally for 30 years now, no matter what. And my new family of in-laws, who have brought a whole new level of joy and laughter to my life over the past year.
- My friends - the near and dear ones that make life so fun, and the ones miles away that I can catch up with in a nanosecond.
- My health - May I never, ever, ever take it for granted.
- My town - Nashville, you rock. I always knew if I could get here, I would feel right at home. And I do.
- My job - though it has had its ups and downs this year, I'm feeling thankful I get to do what I love each and every day. And most days I even feel pretty good at it.
- My life - Each day I get to wake up and start my day in a warm house, in a cozy bed, with a vanilla-flavored cup of coffee brought to me in bed by my handsome husband. I don't deserve it, but I do try to be grateful for it. Because I know it just doesn't get much better than that.
The little things:
- A small fire on a cold night
- Sunday afternoon naps
- Home-cooked meals, especially when I don't have to do the cooking
- The look on my husband's face when he sees me all dressed up for a date night
- Bananas foster
- A glass of red wine after a long day
- Changing leaves
- Seriously unbelievable sunsets
- Good, hard laughs
- Buying baby clothes for friends
- Buying a cozy new coat and justifying it as my Christmas gift to myself :)
- College football and the sound of ESPN on a Saturday morning
- The smell of my husband's cologne when I walk into the bathroom in the morning
- Picking out our first Christmas tree - and my first real one ever!
- Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You" - you just can't help but sing along
- The feeling you get just after you book a trip - especially our upcoming one to California.
So what are you thankful for?
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!