Monday, November 22, 2010

For These I Am Thankful

Because today, on this week of thanksgiving, my cup is overflowing.

The biggies:


  • My faith - the peace that comes from knowing that I am, above all else, a child of God.

  • My husband - the greatest gift I have ever received and the best friend I always wanted. I never knew I was capable of loving someone so much.

  • My family, old and new - the ones who instilled traditions and loved unconditionally for 30 years now, no matter what. And my new family of in-laws, who have brought a whole new level of joy and laughter to my life over the past year.

  • My friends - the near and dear ones that make life so fun, and the ones miles away that I can catch up with in a nanosecond.

  • My health - May I never, ever, ever take it for granted.

  • My town - Nashville, you rock. I always knew if I could get here, I would feel right at home. And I do.

  • My job - though it has had its ups and downs this year, I'm feeling thankful I get to do what I love each and every day. And most days I even feel pretty good at it.

  • My life - Each day I get to wake up and start my day in a warm house, in a cozy bed, with a vanilla-flavored cup of coffee brought to me in bed by my handsome husband. I don't deserve it, but I do try to be grateful for it. Because I know it just doesn't get much better than that.

The little things:



  • A small fire on a cold night

  • Sunday afternoon naps

  • Home-cooked meals, especially when I don't have to do the cooking

  • The look on my husband's face when he sees me all dressed up for a date night

  • Bananas foster

  • A glass of red wine after a long day

  • Changing leaves

  • Seriously unbelievable sunsets

  • Good, hard laughs

  • Buying baby clothes for friends

  • Buying a cozy new coat and justifying it as my Christmas gift to myself :)

  • College football and the sound of ESPN on a Saturday morning

  • The smell of my husband's cologne when I walk into the bathroom in the morning

  • Picking out our first Christmas tree - and my first real one ever!

  • Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You" - you just can't help but sing along

  • The feeling you get just after you book a trip - especially our upcoming one to California.


So what are you thankful for?





Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for 01/02/010. The day I married my beautiful bride. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity