Thursday, July 8, 2010

Weddings Are A Reminder

Our great friends Justin and Amber tied the knot last Saturday, and what a perfect wedding day it was! They had been engaged for over a year (can you imagine? 10 months nearly killed me!) and we were so excited about getting all gussied up and welcoming them into the local chapter of the "old married club." Amber was such a beautiful little bride, and had thought of every detail! She would call me occasionally throughout the process to ask my advice on a wedding question or two, and it made seeing it all come together so much more fun! I guess that's what wedding planners feel like.

This was our second wedding to go to as a Mr. and Mrs. One of the coolest things I'm discovering about being married is that every wedding we go to is a reminder of our special day, our vows, and our memories. Every time those doors open and the bride walks down the aisle, I'm taken right back to that moment when my dad nervously said "it's time" and gave me his arm. When they turn and face each other and start their "for better, for worse, in sickness and in health" I'm right there holding my husband's hands, sniffling from the crazy virus that swept over us days before the wedding. And when they turn around and face the crowd for the first time, I'm reminded of the huge smiles I saw as I looked out on our own family and friends. Yes, friends, weddings are a beautiful reminder.









2 comments:

  1. It looks like a lot of fun! I can’t wait to go to our first wedding as husband and wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful bride!

    having only been married for one month...I just realized that the first wedding we'll be attending as husband and wife...we will both be part of the wedding party! how special :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity