Thursday, July 22, 2010

Virginia Bound!

Right after Mr. T and I got married (almost 7 months ago - whoa) we made the decision to make a better effort of visiting our folks as often as we could, since it's so easy to get caught up in starting our new life together here and somehow forget along the way the great places - and people - that made us who we are. You've honestly never met two people with more pride for their football-loving hometowns than the two of us. We often talk about how extremely blessed we are with solid, loving, salt-of-the-earth parents, who provided both of us with clear pictures of how marriage was intended to be. So if we ever screw up, we certainly can't blame it on the example of our parents! Since my folks are in Alabama and his are in Virginia, the fact that we live in Nashville, Tennessee is actually pretty perfect - it's just about as centered between our two hometowns as you can get! Actually, Tuscaloosa is about two hours closer than Blacksburg, but who's counting?

That said, I've sung the praises of my in-laws before on this little blog of mine before (great - now I'm singing "this little light of mine" in my head) but in the spirit of gearing up for a weekend trip to Virginia to visit them - and attend my first family reunion with the extended family - I thought I'd share a few of my favorite photos of them from our wedding day. Aren't they just adorable?

Isn't my MIL beautiful? I'm sure she's giving me some sage advice here.


What a great smile, Charles! You must be happy to have Mr. T off your hands!


Bride, Groom and Groom's Parents


Plus the groom's older brothers...


Plus the wives and kiddos = The Turman Clan!

I truly think I lucked out on the in-laws. Looking forward to seeing ALL of them this weekend, and enjoying some of my MIL's delicious home-cooked meals! I dare say she's the best cook in all of Virginia, and I'm not leaving until she shares some of her recipes with me. And that's final!

I'll leave you with one of my most favoritest photos of all - just look at how much he loves her! Makes my heart smile...


5 comments:

  1. lovely photos!
    my hubby and i got married not too long
    before you! we tied the knot in November!
    love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pics! Sounds like you have a one of the kind in laws :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the most adorable in-laws! I hope you have a fabulous weekend in my home state :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the pictures!! :)

    Have a great weekend. I'll be there next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely family-in-law! We all should be so lucky :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity