Tuesday, November 17, 2009

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like...

Christmas! Can't you feel it coming right around the corner? I sure can, and I have never been more excited about it. For many reasons, really. Which include the fact Mr. T and I will be buying a REAL Christmas tree for the first time very soon. No more artificial ones for me. I am converting and I'm not looking back. AND I just added the cutest pair of quilted stockings to our Pottery Barn registry, just because. AND I got entirely too carried away at Michael's this past weekend perusing their decorations and finally settled on a basket for the guest bathroom that simply has "Happy Holidays" embroidered on the mint-green fabric lining. It's the little things, people.

And speaking of little things, please hop over to this blog and check out this fabulous giveaway from A Paper Lane on Etsy. I think these personalized recipe cards would make for a very fabulous Christmas gift, don't you? My new kitchen would be very happy to make their acquaintance. The giveaway runs until Thursday, November 19th so get cracking!



Speaking of recipes, my mom gave me her "Easy Pot Roast" recipe a while back and I've been waiting on just the right time to bust out the crock pot and try out this bad boy on Mr. T. So I put a shoulder roast, a packet of Lipton's onion soup, a can of Golden Mushroom soup, and a can of Cream of Mushroom soup all together in my pot about 10 a.m. on Sunday morning. Around 4 I added red potatoes, carrots, onion and mushrooms. And at about 6:30 I served it up with Mary B's biscuits and high expectations after I had been smelling the lovely aroma all day. And at about 7:00 p.m., Mr. T. and I were both licking our plates clean. I mean it was DELICIOUS. And I don't feel bad bragging about it since it's not my own creation. Just a handy recipe that I will definitely be making again on the next cold winter's day. I highly suggest you give her a try.

And if you're needing a kickstart to get in the Christmas spirit, head on over to Etsy for a little look-see. The first day I discovered it I thought I had died and gone to handmade heaven. I've found gifts for my bridesmaids, jewelry galore, and even cupcake toppers all in a day's time. But my newest obsession are all their Christmas-themed items, like holiday cards, address stickers, and gift tags. I am that girl who obsesses over these things, and I'm not ashamed. And if you say your heart doesn't race when you get an adorable card in the mail, then you are not my friend. Kidding. A little.

1 comment:

  1. so you're a real christmas tree fan??? I must admit I've never had one, but Justin really really wants one. We had a compromise. I gave him his real tree in exhange for letting me decorate for Christmas last weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity