Monday, June 20, 2011

First Father's Day

How did my husband celebrate his first Father's Day? With a 40 pound empathy belly strapped around him at childbirth class.



Don't think I didn't ask him to bend down and tie his shoes either. I wanted him to get the full effect of how difficult that task can be.



Truthfully, he was a great sport, and even learned how to diaper and swaddle (he even picked out a girl doll). But I had no doubts whatsoever about his fathering abilities, because he already melts my heart each time he leans over my belly and talks to our daughter. I know beyond the shadow of a doubt he'll be wonderful. And in 10 short weeks, I'll get to see him in action and fall in love all over again.



Happy 1st Father's Day, honey! Baby T and I love you something fierce.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to be a dad. I'm sure I'm going to gag when I see the few first diapers, but I think I'll get used to it. You're going to be a great mom babe. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sport! Even with the 40 pound empathy belly, guys still have no idea what it feels like to be a pregnant woman. Can't wait to see your little one! 10 weeks doesn't seem that far away now!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity