Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Spin Pins: Discuss

So who has seen these new commercials for spin pins by Goody?

Consider me intrigued. I mean, ONE of these spin pins does the work of 20 bobby pins, people! That is just genius. Soooooo I just bought some online. Annnnnnd I went ahead and got the simple style pack because you could get three other fun hair goodies for the low price of $14.99 plus shipping. Wow, did that sound like a commercial or what?





Anyway, let's let the photos speak for themselves....they make it look so easy! I'm always up for a messy bun. Or a pouffy ponytail. Or a modern updo. (And let's be clear, that does not mean prom hair circa 1997 with a french twist and heavily-hairsprayed curling iron tendrils).

And with the summer heat coming, I'm all about getting my hair up and off my sweaty neck. So I just bought it and I'm not looking back. You know you want one too.

Gimmick? Maybe. Worth $15 if these babies work? Totally.

Just look - the options are endless!






And on a completely unrelated note, guess who just got the new Laura Bush book? That's right, my sweet Mr. T brought it home as a nice little surprise for me last night. It really is the little things, isn't it? Anyway, something about our former First Lady just exudes such grace, class and elegance, and I for one want to know more about her. And it just so happens she's coming to our great city of Nashville next week for a book signing. Maybe I'll ask her if she uses the volume pouf pin to get that great volume in her hair...


5 comments:

  1. I am also very intrigued by the spin pins. But I'm afraid that I would not be able to make them work in my hair. As long as they are as easy to use as the ads imply, I am totally in! Can't wait to hear how they work for you!

    I love Laura Bush and have been pretty excited for her new book, can't wait to hear what you think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell us how they are! I saw them on the Today Show last Friday and I sooo want some, haven't found them yet when I looked at Target though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ironically, I bookmarked their website this morning so that I could purchase them later. Their marketing must be working! Hope they work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These spin pins are awesome!
    I'm you newest follower :)
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooo, let me know if it works!!! i've been intrigured by the commercials too!!!

    and LOVE me some first lady mrs. bush. let us know how the book is!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity