Thursday, October 22, 2009

All Things Halloween



So after our lovely day off from work tomorrow (yay!), Mr. T and I have decided to go see our annual scary movie by watching what has been deemed one of the scariest movies in the history of the universe. At least that's what the trailer says. That's right, folks, nothing like a little movie like Paranormal Activity to kick off the week before Halloween. Last year we went to see The Strangers, and I promise you neither one of us had any blood circulation in our hands when we walked out. I doubt we will ever venture out to a cabin in the middle of nowhere in the near future. Or ever for that matter. But still, we go back for more. I can't resist!

The other highlight of the weekend is to embark on our First Annual Pumpkin Carving so that we can proudly display our creation on our new front porch for all the kiddos to see when they come trick-or-treating. After apartment life for the past six years with virtually no doorbell-ringing action, I secretly can't wait to see all the awesome costumes. Oh to be a kid again. Now I feel like the adults (especially females) who dress up these days are either total freaks or trying to be WAY too sexy (I mean, does the French Maid, Naughty Nurse, or Cheerleader outfit never get old to anyone else?) but man, I made a mean Minnie Mouse when I was a kid.

Speaking of dress up, I am 210% stoked for our next shower, hosted by dear friends who clearly know Mr. T and I quite well. It's a wedding shower with a twist - it's 80's themed! Everyone has to dress in their best 80's attire, or they're not allowed to enter. Love it! Just bought a pair of neon pick fishnets, and now I just have to get my hands on a sweatshirt with the neck cut out, some frosty blue eyeshadow, and a fabulous pair of legwarmers, a la Kelly Kapowski. You know you want to see pictures. :)

2 comments:

  1. How cute is that?! I love the idea of a themed shower!! You HAVE to post pictures, girlie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do want to see pictures!! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity