Thursday, September 24, 2009

Bachelorette Party - Big Easy Style!

Eek! I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it...(man, every time I sing that in my head I think of Jesse Spano on Saved by the Bell having her panic attack). Why? Because in exactly 24 hours I'll be boarding a train (yes, as in Amtrak - how cool are we?) and heading down to New Orleans for my bachelorette party! And I can't. freakin. wait. This week has been such a doozie at work and I can't think of a better time to get out of town with my favorite girls and celebrate the end of singledom. Wow, that sounds so morbid. I'm actually kind of glad to see it go, and technically I've been "taken" for well over a year now. :) Anyway, New Orleans is one of my favorite places on earth (I was actually born there, and only lived there for about a minute, but depending on my mood I may still call it home) and I'm SO ecstaticly happy that my maid of honor (all the way from DC - she's a trooper), two bridesmaids, and two sweet friends are making the trip down with me. There's a slight possibility that some shenanigans are in store, and I'm actually quite okay with that. I mean, this is like the only night where you have a green light to get a little crazy. We'll keep it PG, (don't worry mom), but I may or may not end up dancing my stilettos off on Bourbon Street before all is said and done. It's just been that kind of week.

On another note, today marks the official 100 day mark before the wedding. Gulp. Actually, that's like a double gulp. I have got to get on the ball and start checking off the to do list. I mean, I'm an event planner for goodness sakes. So Self, I cross-my-heart promise and solemnly swear, I'm getting things in gear starting next week. Seriously, I've got to put my game face on. So what if the new house is still in complete disarray and boxes are still piled as high as the eye can see? And so what if we still don't have patio furniture because I haven't had time to shop for any so we can't enjoy a glass of wine on our back porch? And so what if I still haven't taken my shoes out of rubber crates and have to dig through them each morning to find a pair that matches my outfit? No, I'm putting my bride hat back on starting Sunday night and that's final. Does anyone else have these internal battles with themselves when it comes to prioritizing? Sheesh.

Oh well. As my native Frenchman say, "Laissez les bon temps roulez" ladies! Have lovely weekends!

5 comments:

  1. Awww I am so excited for you! This is going to be a GREAT weekend!!! Have fun sister!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting...I hope you have a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun in your bachelorette party. Needs lot of preparations but its exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went there for my bachelorette party a couple weekends ago and it was an absolute BLAST! My fiance is actually going down there this weekend for his bachelor party! :)Have fun and I promise the plans just happen and it all comes together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun!!! I want to hear all about the weekend! Let's do happy hour SOON!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity