Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Party Inspiration

Well I satisfied my craving for a chocolate dip cone last night, but whether it was the hot, humid weather we walked in to get said treat or the fact that the ice cream cone immediately went to my fingers, my ring finger was so swollen that I couldn't get my wedding rings off and proceeded to have a minor meltdown when we got home. And by minor meltdown I mean a total come-apart. I slathered cocoa butter on that baby and followed Mr. T's suggestion to put ice on it, but it took both of us to get them off. So I will be sporting my faux ring from now on, because the thought of having my rings sawed off makes me want to cry big fat crocodile tears. No thanks.

On a happier note, I came across the most adorable idea for a gender reveal party the other day, which I thought I would share. I've always been a bit skeptical of these parties, especially with the idea of throwing one myself, but this one truly is the cutest thing I have ever seen. They did a duckling theme, and my favorite part is use of a fun gender-neutral yellow in the paper goods and most definitely the "Waddle It Be?" on the invite. Just check out this eye candy...(click photos to enlarge or view on blog).









Is that not adorable or what?

As for us, we elected to call our families the nano-second we got in the car after leaving the doctor's office at our 16 week appointment because we were bursting at the seams, and pretty much had our baby girl's name picked out within two days. And though we are keeping it a secret from friends (which has driven everyone crazy but everyone with kids tells us is a fabulous idea), we call her by name every single day. And might I say, from the first time we said it out loud, we knew it was absolutely perfect. (And don't worry, as a girl from the south, I do have a few things monogrammed with her name that are ready for her arrival).
5 weeks and counting, y'all!

2 comments:

  1. You are so cute! I wanted to let you know that a jewelry store had told us a little trick if you can't get your ring off...Windex! I feel like I am going back to the movie My big fat greek wedding where they used it for everything but I have had several people swear it works especially on hot days like today where everything makes me swollen:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I read your post and it was nice marriage blog. However, I am conducting a site on reiki healing.

    Healing Art Forms is an online distant healing center founded by Nicole Lanning. We offer multiple forms of energy healing, spiritual healing.
    visit it: reiki healing

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity